The Viper Group takes training to the next level. From our set training programs through to specialised training programs, all our instructors face the same assessment criteria that our security officers face, every six months they complete their evaluation and assessment training ensuring that we stay ahead of the game.
The security industry in the UK and worldwide struggles to maintain its standards let alone raise them but not at Viper Group. We strive and achieve higher standards through our assessment criteria and never stop pushing up our standards allowing us to give you the best product.
This certified course teaches techniques and appropriate body language to use to handle conflict in a calm and professional manner. Participants will gain skills and knowledge to enable them to deal with situations when confrontation is inevitable.
We will teach basic skills in restraining and removing difficult opponents in the quickest and safest manner possible. This practical training course will encourage participants to work alone and in groups of two or more.
• Dealing with conflict through understanding the escalation process
• Negotiation skills
• Managing difficult situations
• Basic control and restraint
• Essential team working skills
• Implementing effective locks and holds for simple removal of an aggressor
The FREC 3 Certificate has been developed by the Awarding Body Qualsafe and meets all the competencies for non-health care, professional pre-hospital providers and has been clinically endorsed by the Faculty of Pre-Hospital Care – The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
The FREC system is modular based, enabling a participant to progress through each level from FREC 3 to FREC 6 if desired. On successful completion of all levels and competencies, the participant can apply for registration as a Paramedic with the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC).
The FREC 3 provides a solid foundation for any learner to be competent in dealing with a wide range of medical and trauma situations in the prehospital environment and is suitable for any of the following:
• Event first aiders
• Fire fighters
• Police and medics
• Close protection operative – this qualification is recognised by the Security Industries Authority (SIA)
• Expedition Leaders UK and overseas
• Journalists working overseas
• Researchers working overseas
• Film Crews working in remote areas
• Aid workers in hostile or disaster-prone countries
• Community Responders in the UK
• High risk work environments in the UK and overseas
• Offshore workers
This entry level course requires no previous knowledge in first aid. Providing a participant is willing to apply themselves and complete the 5-day FREC 3 and guided learning hours, they should be able to obtain a pass.
This qualification is valid for three years. After 3 years the qualification can be revalidated over 3 days.
• Casualty assessment
• Airway management
• FREC provider role
• Universal precautions
• Emergency care equipment Patient/Treatment documentation Consent
• Incident assessment and control:
• Dynamic risk assessment
• Initial management of the scene
• Primary Survey ABC
• Levels of consciousness
• Secondary Survey
• ABCDE approach
• Direct/Indirect Pressure
• Trauma dressing
• Tourniquet use
• Haemostatic agent/dressing
• Airway anatomy
• Airway management methodologies Dynamic Airway assessment
• Head tilt-chin-lift
• Jaw thrust
• Postural drainage
• Altered Airway anatomy management Oro-pharyngeal airway Nasopharyngeal airway
• Manual suction device
• Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
• Adult CPR
• Child CPR
• Infant CPR
• CPR adaptions
• Casualty handover
• Automated External Defibrillation
• When resuscitation should not be attempted
• Emergency Oxygen
• Pocket Mask/Bag Valve Mask
• Non-re-breather mask
• Universal precautions/Infection control
• Medical Shock
• External bleeding
• Embedded object
• Internal bleeding
• Minor injuries
• Eye injuries
• Head injuries
• Spinal injuries
• Helmet removal
• Cervical collar
• Pelvic immobilisation Fractures
• Sprains & Strains Dislocations
• Crush injuries
• Manual in-line stabilisation
• Trauma (thoracic):
• Closed chest injuries
• Open chest injury
• Positional asphyxia
• Adrenaline Auto-injector
• Spacer device with reliever inhaler Hyperventilation
• Heart Attack
• Food poisoning
• Human body:
• Respiratory system
• Circulatory system
This qualification exceeds the Security Industry Authority (SIA) specification for core competency training for door supervisors and security officers, which covers the necessary understanding and skills required by individuals who work in the licensed industry.
Door supervisors and security officers are required to play an active role in safety of customers, clients and the public at a venue or a site. This course will provide the learner with the knowledge and understanding to ensure the provision of a professional level of service as a security officer and to address the licensing requirements in the SIA regulated operational environment.
Our commitment is that we focus on employability and continual professional development. With our operations in the UK we can offer placement in the industry and with all our trainers having years of experience we also offer mentorship to help guide you in your new chosen career.
Along with the highest standard of training we also offer employability skills, first aid and counter terrorism qualifications on the course.
The Viper Group also focus on bespoke training for companies. Whether it be corporate, static, mobile venue or event-based security. The Viper Group can cater for all needs within the industry giving each client that personal touch.
Please contact us for more information.
• Working as a Door Supervisor/Security Officer.
• Negotiation and Conflict Management.
• Physical Intervention Skills.
• Employability, interview and CV skills
• One day first aid at work
• Counter terrorism
This nationally recognised qualification allows you to apply for your SIA front line close protection licence. At Viper our focus is on professionalism and employability.
At The Viper Group we actively encourage continual professional development (CPD) by offering further courses designed to enhance your employability within the industry.
All our trainers are fully operational and have years of experience behind them. Each specialised section on the course is taught by a trainer with specialised knowledge in their unique field.
Along with our lead trainers, they will ensure you leave the course with the focus and professional tools needed to succeed in this challenging industry.
Our fully residential 24-day close protection course has been designed to take you out of your comfort zone, raising you to the next level of operational awareness, something desperately needed in the current climate within the industry. The benefit of our residential accommodation is that we can focus on real life scenarios at any time throughout the course allowing us to be able to pressure test all our students at any time and simulate real life scenarios you will face when you qualify. Throughout our training you will complete two live surveillance operations and three live close protection operations all with real Principals.
One of these live operations will be overseas along with your live firearms training. Your team will plan the entire operation allowing you to experience a real-life operation abroad and preparing you for deployment with us in the future.
On successful completion of your training we invite you to bring along your family and friends to a passing out ceremony where you are awarded with your certificate of completion of the Viper Close Protection Course.
We then take it one step further by completing your application for your SIA license for you, leaving you with less hassle and allowing you to focus on your new career.
• Introduction to the roles of the close protection operative
• Threat and Risk Assessment
• Surveillance and Counter Surveillance Techniques
• Operational planning
• Law and legislation
• Interpersonal skills
• Close Protection foot drills
• Route selection
• Embus/debus drills
• Search techniques and awareness
• Venue based security
• Negotiation and conflict management skills
• Extraction and evacuation of the principal under stress
• Advanced and Evasive Driving
• Live firearms
• Unarmed Combat
• Physical Fitness
• Counter Terrorism
• FREC (First Response Emergency Care)
With this qualification learners develop skills and competence to prepare and maintain a stewarding team, deal with problems, accidents and emergencies, and develop productive working relationships with colleagues at spectator events, especially events taking place within sports stadiums.
This qualification has been developed in partnership with industry experts in the area of spectator safety and it will provide you with a nationally recognised qualification in spectator safety. It meets the requirements for training of Level 3 stewards, as specified in the DCMS Green Guide to Safety at Sports Grounds and the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) Purple Guide for Event Safety.
This qualification is ideal for learners working in, or aspiring to work in, supervisory positions at sports events, concerts, carnivals, and other venues where the safety of spectators is paramount.
• Prepare stewards and venues for spectator events
• Maintain stewarding in designated areas and deal with spectator problems and emergencies
• Deal with accidents and emergencies
• Develop productive working relationships with colleagues
• Support the efficient use of resources
• Manage own resources and professional development
• Manage information for action
• Help to manage conflict
• Control and detain people at a spectator event for action by the police
• Work with others to improve customer service
• 1 Day First Aid at Work
• Counter Terrorism